On May 25th, along with the World Economic Forum in Davos, a round table with big international institutional and venture investors together with representatives of the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine took place. The Ukraine Redevelopment and Recovery plan was initiated by the Ukrainian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (UVCA).
At the round table, Ukraine was represented by Andriy Kolodyuk, Chairman of the UVCA Supervisory Board and Oleksandr Bornyakov, Deputy of the Minister of Digital Transformation of Ukraine.
Among the main achievements that were reached:
- The participants agreed that Ukraine needs additional help aside from macroeconomic support, among that - joint investments initiated by the private sector in Ukraine.
- UVCA presented methods of implementing those investments, for example, the Ukrainian Re-development platform. With the help of the platform, UVCA together with other national investment associations is planning to attract foreign partners to invest in energy projects, water cleaning projects, food industry, building new cities, medicine, etc.
- A plan for restoration of Ukraine was introduced. It is aimed at investments into private sector, for example, with the help of existing investment instruments like the Fund of Funds (that is being implemented by UVCA together with the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine and 10 venture funds - members of UVCA that are currently raising funds)
- UVCA proposed practical ways for investments and joint projects that can be implemented already. For example, participation in providing equipment for the critical infrastructure together with Ukrainian small and medium business.
- UVCA revealed the information about the launch of the united investment platform. Formation of the list of investment projects has already started. This will help implement the private sector initiative.
- The global investment community has recognized UVCA as a reliable institutional partner for direct investments in Ukraine.
UVCA is welcoming everyone to join development and implementation of The Ukraine Redevelopment and Recovery plan.
The working group created by the Ukrainian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (UVCA) is open to investors from all sectors and countries of the world who is supporting Ukraine and actively joining projects for the development of Ukraine.